I've decided to put a new theme up. It is by far one of the best themes I have done to date, I've even started to use Drupal's theme override ability. (Exhibit A: the RSS feed has and Atom feed icon next to it.) Its very simple but it's a start.
Back to the title of this post, as any good web designer knows Internet Explorer is just plain bad. I spent the last two days trying to figure out why it was adding adding extra space to a DIV tag, needless to say I managed to find a work around. They say version seven is going to be better but I'll believe it when I see it, which won't be any time soon the the rate Microsoft is creating software.